- Website Launches for Charles Koch's New Book
The new Good Profit website features news about the new book, how to purchase an advance copy, and an opportunity to submit questions to Mr. Koch.
- Fueling the Growth: Internships at Koch
Wichita Business Journal
The Wichita Business Journal highlights the intern program at Koch Industries, noting that it gives the best and the brightest key real-world experience.
- Koch Launches www.KochNews.com
The newly-enhanced newsroom will provide Koch stories, videos, and headlines.
- Koch Industries’ Philanthropy Focuses On Creating Opportunities
Urban Magnate highlights some of Koch Industries’ recent donations. Meredith Olson, vice president of public affairs at Koch Industries said of Koch’s philanthropy: “We want to remove barriers to help people succeed.”
- Civil rights group praises Walmart, Koch Industries on hiring policies
The head of a civil rights group praised Walmart, Target and Koch Industries Wednesday for their hiring policies, saying they were providing an example to other businesses by not demanding that job applicants reveal past criminal convictions.
- Koch Urges Action Regarding Clemency Program
Read the company's statement on clemency and the call for a faster release of certain non-violent offenders.
- Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Facility Plays An Active Role In The Community
GP employee Larry Roberts led a heroic band of local volunteer fire firefighters who risked their lives to battle a blaze at Choctaw County High School until it was extinguished.
- Koch Pipeline Donates Pipe to College Program
Brainerd Daily Dispatch
Students at Central Lakes College in Staples, Minnesota will use the pipe to build a simulated right-of-way and practice hands-on pipeline construction and maintenance.
- Camas Mill Invests More Than $5 Million In New enMotion Towel Rewinder
Camas-Washougal (WA) Post-Record
Mill Vice President of Manufacturing Joe Ertolacci said, “With more than $5 million invested into bringing this rewinder online, this was an economic success for our local community and the Camas mill. This speaks to the viability of the mill as we continue to see significant investment from Georgia-Pacific to keep the mill a competitive facility in a global marketplace.”
- Contribution To Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Praised
New York Post
David Koch’s contribution of $150 million to the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is the largest ever to the hospital.
- Koch Companies Award $83K In Scholarships to South Texas Students
Corpus Christi Caller-Times
Flint Hills Resources and Koch Pipeline Company awarded scholarships to 62 South Texas students.
- Flint Hills Resources Donates To Nebraska Fire Departments
Grand Island Independent
The Sutton Volunteer Fire Department and Grafton Volunteer Fire Department will enhance their emergency response preparedness with the help of a donation from Flint Hills Resources.
- INVISTA Introduces “LYCRA® Moves You” Consumer Campaign
Invista introduced its new consumer campaign ‘Lycra Moves You’ at a Brand Experience event in Bangalore.
- Youth Entrepreneurs® Georgia Holds Fundraiser
The event brought together Atlanta area civic philanthropic and business leaders to celebrate the successes of young entrepreneurs and honor the program’s partners and supporters for their commitment to business and entrepreneurship education.
- Koch and Georgia-Pacific Sponsors Of Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit
BLACK ENTERPRISE will kick off the 20th annual Entrepreneurs Summit on Wednesday, May 13 through Saturday, May 16, in Atlanta, Georgia.”Koch Industries and Georgia-Pacific are among the presenting sponsors at the summit.
- Flint Hills awards Outstanding Students
Port Arthur News
Eight seniors honored at the Flint Hills Resources’ ‘Outstanding Student Program’ scholarship dinner May 7 each walked away with a $1,500 check, a professional photo of themselves , an ‘Outstanding Student’ medal and a copy of ‘The Science of Success,’ written by Koch Industries CEO Charles Koch.
- GP Recognized by Wisconsin Technical College System Board
Green Bay Press-Gazette
Georgia-Pacific received the Futuremakers Partner Award for its longstanding and wide-ranging partnership with Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.
- Koch Industries Calls For Criminal Justice System Reform
Mark Holden, Senior VP at Koch Industries, stressed that the reform he is espousing is focused on non-violent offenders… who have been hurt by failed policies that have destroyed families and sent costs rising.
- Koch behind push to overhaul criminal justice system
Each year it's estimated the United States spends almost a $100 billion on prisons. According to Mark Holden, Senior VP at Koch Industries, that’s three to four times what the country spends on education.
- Flint Hills Resources donates $17,000 to HALO-Flight
The 24th annual Flight of Angels Golf Tournament, benefiting HALO-Flight was held Monday at the Corpus Christi Country Club. Flint Hills Resources donated $17,000 to the cause.
- CSX Recognizes INVISTA With Chemical Safety Excellence Award.
INVISTA was recognized for its commitment to the safe transportation of hazardous materials by rail.
- Mark Holden Discusses Justice Reform On PBS
Judy Woodruff learns about the Coalition for Public Safety from Neera Tanden of the Center for American Progress and Mark Holden of Koch Industries.
- Flint Hills Resources Donates To Fire Departments in Iowa
Storm Lake Pilot-Tribune
The Arthur Community Fire Department, Odebolt Fire Department and the Ida Grove Volunteer Fire Department each received donations from Flint Hills Resources Arthur to purchase rescue tools that will augment the departments' emergency preparedness.
- Koch Bans the Box on Employment Applications
Koch Industries has removed questions about prior criminal convictions from its job applications.
- Flint Hills Resources Contributes To Scholarship Fund For Lamar State College-Port Arthur
The company recently made a $10,000 contribution to the Port Arthur Higher Education Foundation to be used for scholarships in the Process Technology and Instrumentation programs.
- Exclusive: Charles Koch Interviews with USA Today
Koch discusses his hopes and ideas for a better America, his thoughts on the success and future of Koch Industries, and why he is engaged in the political process.
- Charles Koch Discusses Presidential Candidates with USA Today
Charles Koch said "we're telling [the candidates] that if they want our support, one way to get it is articulating a good message to help Americans get a better understanding and a better appreciation of how certain policies … will benefit them and will benefit all America."
- Koch Companies Recognized For Chemical Transportation Safety By Union Pacific
INVISTA and Georgia-Pacific were among the 63 companies named by Union Pacific Railroad as recipients of the annual Pinnacle Award for chemical transportation safety.
- Op-Ed Explores Overcriminalization in Cheating Teachers Case
Mark Holden and Van Jones discuss the overcriminalization of the Atlanta teachers convicted of racketeering.
- Flint Hills Resources Hosts Golden Heart Heroes Luncheon
The annual Golden Heart Heroes luncheon recognizes and honors volunteers who strengthen the community by providing service for others, with no paycheck attached.
- Georgia-Pacific Invests $50 Million In Renovations for Plant in Big Island, Virginia
Lynchburg News & Advance
The biggest expense is going toward upgrading its pulp mill, with projects aimed at improving reliability and upgrading technology.
- LYCRA® To Support Beach Cleanup On Earth Day
In celebration of Earth Day, ECO SWIM® by Aqua Green®, Everything But Water, and The LYCRA® BRAND will partner with United By Blue for the Third Annual Beach Cleanup.
- Op-Ed Urges Bipartisan Support for Justice Reform
New Hampshire Union Leader
Mark Holden joins key partners in discussing how New Hampshire plays a role in shaping the debate over criminal justice reform.
- Georgia-Pacific Co-sponsors Competition For Young Entrepreneurs
Several South Mississippi students showcased their entrepreneurial ideas during The Southern Entrepreneurship Program’s 8th annual series of regional high school business plan competitions.
- Georgia-Pacific Makes Forbes’ First “America’s Best Employers” List
Atlanta Business Chronicle
Forbes chose Georgia-Pacific to be part of its inaugural “America’s Best Employers” list.
- Mark Holden Discusses Criminal Justice Reform On NPR
In the interview, Holden said “we as a people – citizens and our leaders – need to have the humility, the intellectual honesty, and the courage to look at what we’re doing and change course.”
- INVISTA's McPherson, Kan. Facility to Open by April 1
INVISTA has chosen McPherson as the location of its first manufacturing facility in Kansas.
- Mark Holden Profiled in Yahoo News
Koch General Counsel Mark Holden discusses his loyalty to the Koch family and the importance of criminal justice reform with Yahoo.
- Criminal Justice Reform Discussed On Anderson Cooper 360
Koch Senior Vice President and General Counsel Mark Holden appeared on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 to discuss criminal justice reform. During the interview, Holden said, “People who have served their time – people who are nonviolent offenders – why not let them come back and have restoration of rights? The ability to get a job, housing, be with their families, have a productive life?”
- New Koch scholarships awarded by WSU's Honors College
Wichita State News
Ten students will be awarded $30,000 each over the course of four years, in addition to general merit scholarships they have earned.
Related News: Koch Foundation pledge bears its first fruit
- Flint Hills Resources Donates To Red Cross in Corpus Christi, TX
Flint Hills Resources donated $17,500 to the local chapter of the Red Cross. The gift will help feed and house, and also provide trainers for volunteers.
- Georgia-Pacific Donates Funds To Honor Flight
Supporters from the Georgia-Pacific Cellulose plant in Brunswick, Georgia have played an active role in the Coastal Georgia Honor Flight fundraising campaign to help veterans travel to the World War II memorial in Washington D.C.
- Students To Be Recognized For Completing GP-Sponsored STEM Program
Palatka Daily News
Approximately 100 high school students in Palatka, Florida were not only introduced to careers in STEM, they were also presented with real-life situations where STEM problem-solving was needed.
- INVISTA Hosts The “Run Your Bass Off 5k” In Orange, Texas
All proceeds from the event will be used to fund cancer research.
- GP To Invest Almost $15 Million At Mill in Muskogee, Oklahoma
Georgia-Pacific’s Muskogee mill is investing in a new bath tissue machine that is scheduled for startup by mid-2015.
- INVISTA’s STAINMASTER® Innovates
Atlanta Business Chronicle
Innovation by STAINMASTER® offers something new for pet owners.
- Charles Koch Talks Criminal Justice Reform
“If there is wrong, you don’t say we have to get rid of it gradually," said Koch. "If injustice exists, you need to eliminate it immediately.”
- February 2015 Discovery Newsletter
The February edition features Koch's largest project investment, a review of 2014, and an editorial by Charles Koch.
- Georgia-Pacific Receives Community Spirit Award From United Way
Georgia-Pacific was recognized by the United Way of Linn County in Albany, Oregon for overall participation in community activities.
- Koch's View on Criminal Justice Reform
"Everything we do is designed to help people improve their lives, whether you're talking about our business or our philanthropy," said Mark Holden, senior vice president and general counsel for Koch Industries.
- Koch's Lobbying Campaign to Eliminate an Obscure Government Agency
The Export-Import Bank, an independent government agency that guarantees loans and provides financing to companies doing business overseas and foreign businesses buying American products, has recently become a target for conservatives and libertarians who decry big-government crony capitalism.
- Koch Provides Millions In Scholarship Money For Wichita State University
Millions of dollars in new scholarship money from Koch Industries will allow Wichita State University to offer stronger scholarships.
- Koch Industries Continues Growth
Wichita Business Journal
Global employment numbers for Koch companies were up 4.8 percent over last year.
- Georgia-Pacific Top Contributor To Lake Area United Way
Nine businesses were recognized this year for their workplace campaigns, including top contributor Georgia-Pacific.
- How Invista found a fit for its first Kansas manufacturing operation
Wichita Business Journal
Steve Easley, business manager for the Raptor product, says McPherson’s existing plastics industry was one of the main draws for INVISTA.
- Koch-Glitsch: Made in Wichita
Wichita Business Journal
Koch-Glitsch holds more than 60 trademarks for its products, which includes mass transfer equipment and mist elimination equipment.
- New Book from Charles Koch Coming this October
The book will include many personal anecdotes and offer dozens of new examples of MBM® in action.
- Jim Hannan of Georgia-Pacific Selected as TAPPI/PIMA Executive of the Year
This the highest honor bestowed by PIMA, presented to senior-level executives in the pulp, paper, tissue or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
- FHR Sponsors “Science Matters” Event in Pillager, Minnesota
Brainerd Daily Dispatch
Nearly 100 students from Pillager Elementary will attend an overnight camp-in among the science museum’s world-class exhibitions and interactive workshops in April.
- STAINMASTER® Finds Success Through Expanded Portfolio
Floor Covering Weekly
There has been a 50 percent overall increase in the past year in the number of STAINMASTER® branded launches.
- Charles Koch Announced For 2015 Wichita Sports Hall Of Fame
The article notes that “Charles Koch and his family have been instrumental in the development of Wichita State Shockers and their athletic program.”
Related News Article: Wichita Sports Hall of Fame & Museum Inducts New Class
- Koch to Support National Coalition for Criminal Justice Reform
New York Times
The Coalition for Public Safety will be the largest national effort focused on the prison and justice system.
- INVISTA Donates $50,000 to Technology Complex in Victoria, Texas
The company was recognized for donating $50,000 since 2013 to Victoria College Emerging Technology Complex.
- Girls In Science Festival Held At The Science Center Of Iowa
WOI-DT Des Moines (IA)
Flint Hills Resources sponsors the 4th annual Girls in Science Festival, which exposes youth to the fields of science and engineering.
- Georgia-Pacific’s Brewton Project Named A State “Economic Coup”
Georgia-Pacific's Brewton, Alabama facility is named one of the state's top 18 economic coups of 2014. The company is investing $375 million in the plant.
- Newsmakers: Koch Industries kept 'driving for the future' in 2014
Wichita Business Journal
The Wichita Business Journal reports on the growth of Koch Industries in 2014.
- Flint Hills Announces $43 Million Expansion At Rosemount, Minnesota Refinery
Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal
As Flint Hills Resources nears completion of a $30 million contractor building at its 60-year-old Pine Bend refinery, the company announced it will also build a $13 million expansion of its laboratory.
- Flint Hills Resources Supports Lego Robotics Club At Rosemount, Minnesota, Elementary School
Rosemount Town Pages
With the support of Flint Hills Resources, the Lego robotics club at Rosemount Elementary School has been expanded to an ongoing after-school program.
- INVISTA Participates In Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics Career and College Expo
Almost 1,200 eighth-grade students from various area private and public schools heard speakers from INVISTA talk about career opportunities in process technology, instrumentation and electrical, engineering, health and medical, information technology and welding.
- Waco and Elm Mott, Texas, Fire Departments Receive Helping Heroes Donations
Koch Pipeline Co. and Flint Hills Resources presented checks totaling $11,500 to the city of Waco Fire Department and the Elm Mott Volunteer Fire and Rescue as part of its Helping Heroes program.
- Flint Hills Resources Sponsors Science Center Of Iowa Trip To Clarksville Schools
Waterloo and Cedar Falls (IA) Courier
While at the school, personnel from the Science Center of Iowa and Flint Hills Resources presented interactive science experiments to students to help educate them on various scientific and engineering concepts.
- Georgia-Pacific’s Wauna Mill Donates Land To Clatsop County’s Parks Department
Georgia-Pacific's Wauna Mill in Clatskanie, Oregon, recently completed a 27-acre land donation to Clatsop County’s parks department, valued at $230,000.
Related news: Georgia-Pacific Wauna Mill’s Gift Praised.
- The Overcriminalization of America
Charles Koch and Mark Holden discuss the U.S. justice system in this Politico op-ed.