- Koch Industries Completes Purchase of Molex Inc.
Molex is a global electronic components company with 45 manufacturing locations in 17 countries.
- Koch Fertilizer Announces New Holding Company and Leadership Changes
Koch Fertilizer will change its name to Koch Ag and Energy Solutions to better reflect the scope of its business and vision for the future. The newly renamed entity will serve as a holding company for Koch Fertilizer, Koch Energy Services and Koch Methanol.
- Koch Companies Recertified By Wildlife Habitat Council
The sites achieved recertification for ongoing contributions to environmental education and wildlife habitat stewardship.
- Flint Hills Resources Recognized for Industry Innovation
The award from Society of Plastics Engineers recognizes FHR's contributions to the automotive plastics industry.
- Georgia-Pacific Receives Award for Water Use Reduction
The award is part of the American Forest & Paper Association's Better Practices, Better Planet 2020 sustainability initiative.
Also read: Sustainability in Practice: Brunswick Cellulose Receives Award for Water Use Reduction
- INVISTA, Ingenza Collaborate on Bio-derived Chemicals
The companies will develop new technologies to enable bio-derived processes for the production of industrial chemicals.
- The Salvation Army’s 2013 Mission of Hope Christmas Campaign Committee Led by Chase Koch
The committee is dedicated solely to the organization's Christmas activities that help thousands of Kansans, including underprivileged children, adults with disabilities and elderly individuals.
- GP's Dudley Operations Gets $9 Million Capital Investment
Investments at the North Carolina lumber mill will increase capacity and create approximately 20 new jobs.
- Zoetis and Matador Ranch Team Up to Name Next Remuda Roulette Winner
Matador Ranch, 2013 Best Remuda Award recipient, is donating a 3-year-old filly to be given away at the this year's Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
- Koch Scouting Center Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
The new center in Wichita, Kan., will support more than 13,000 scouts and their families and volunteers throughout the 30 counties served by the Quivira Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- Flint Hills Resources to Purchase Additional Land in Ingleside
The company is looking to acquire more than 650 acres of vacant land near its crude oil terminal in Ingleside.
- Program Tops $1.25 Million in Grants
The program provides grants to fire departments that serve GP's facility communities across the U.S.
- Subsidiary of Koch Energy Services to Acquire Odessa Power
A Koch Energy Services, LLC subsidiary has entered into an agreement with affiliates of Energy Capital Partners, LLC to acquire a power generating facility in Odessa, Texas.
- David Koch Donation Funds MIT Childcare Center
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The $20 million donation helped fund the new center, nearly doubling MIT's on-campus day care capacity.
- Flint Hills Resources and Stabilis Energy Launch Venture to Build LNG Facilities
The companies plan to build five liquefied natural gas production facilities to support high horsepower oilfield applications across North America.
- INVISTA Adds THERMOCOOL® to Brand Portfolio
The addition bolsters INVISTA's spectrum of brand technologies for its customers.
- Koch Industries to Acquire Molex Incorporated
Based in Lisle, Ill., Molex is a 75-year-old global manufacturer of electronic, electrical and fiber optic interconnection systems.
- FHR Acquires Its Fifth Ethanol Plant in Iowa
The newly acquired plant in Arthur, Iowa, has an annual capacity of 110 million gallons of ethanol.
- INVISTA celebrates one million hours injury-free
INVISTA's Camden, S.C., employees have completed 1 million hours without an OSHA recordable injury.
- GP Acquires Buckeye Technologies Inc.
The company will now have a presence in many new and exciting products that may surprise you.
- Koch Provides Lead Gift to Create Trading Lab at WSU
Koch's $346,000 pledge helps Wichita State University create a unique interdisciplinary trading curriculum.
- INVISTA and SilicoLife enter agreement to develop bio-derived raw materials
The two companies are collaborating in order to further co-develop their technology platforms, including bio-derived production of butadiene.
- Brawny® Continues Support of Wounded Warrior Project®
In 2012, Brawny raised more than $500,000 for WWP and is committed to raising $600,000 through its “Inner Strength” initiative in 2013.
- GP Harmon Enters Plastics Recycling Processing
The acquisition of the Elizabethton, Tenn., facility helps the company supply the growing global demand for recycled raw materials.
- STAINMASTER® Carpet Wins Women’s Choice Award®
Consumers were surveyed nationwide about their favorite carpet brands and STAINMASTER® carpet came out on top.
- Temple-Inland Building Products Acquisition Completed
GP adds 1,800 employees and 15 U.S. facilties from Temple-Inland Building Products.
- Flint Hills Resources To Acquire Iowa Ethanol Facility
The company has agreed to acquire Platinum Ethanol's plant in Arthur, Iowa.
- Koch Supports Firefighters, Emergency Responders
Planned contributions total nearly $300,000 in 2013 to help keep communities safe.
- Koch Pipeline Company & Flint Hills Resources Support Texas Volunteer Firefighters, Emergency Responders
The companies plan to contribute a total of nearly $125,000 to 180 different volunteer fire departments and local emergency responders in Texas communities where the companies operate.
- Koch Pipeline Names Oustanding Scholars
The company has recognized 18 South Texas students for their academic achievements through the Outstanding Scholar program.
- Iowa and Nebraska Students Awarded Flint Hills Resources Renewables Discovery Scholarships
Fourteen Iowa and Nebraska seniors were awarded Discovery Scholarships. This is the second year Flint Hills has provided scholarships to students in Iowa and the first for students in Nebraska where the company recently acquired an ethanol plant.
- INVISTA doubles Shanghai air bag fiber plant capacity
INVISTA celebrated the successful start-up of its recently expanded air bag fiber manufacturing plant in the Qingpu District of Shanghai. With this expansion, INVISTA becomes the first air bag fiber producer in Asia to exceed the 20 kiloton-per-year production capacity for a single site.
- Koch Pipeline Names Outstanding Scholars
The company has recognized 18 South Texas students for their academic achievements through the Outstanding Scholar program.
- Flint Hills Resources Names Outstanding Scholars
The company has honored South Texas high school students for their academic achievements for more than 18 years.
- Expansion Project to Begin on Koch Industries Wichita Headquarters
The company has hired Hutton Construction for the project, which will include a new three-story office building.
- Koch Industries Donates $1 Million to Oklahoma Tornado Relief
The funds will be distributed to the OK Strong Disaster Relief Fund, the American Red Cross and The Salvation Army.
- Koch Nitrogen to Build New Urea Plant and Increase Production in Enid Oklahoma
Planned investments are estimated at $1 billion; and expected to bring 500 to 800 construction jobs and 20 to 30 new employees.
- $300,000 Gift from Koch Helps YMCA Launch Safety Initiative
The program with Greater Wichita YMCA includes a public awareness campaign and hands-on water safety training.
- Matador Ranch Receives the 2013 Zoetis-AQHA Best Remuda Award
- Georgia-Pacific To Acquire Buckeye Technologies Inc.
Buckeye Technologies is a leading manufacturer and marketer of specialty fibers and nonwoven materials made from wood and cotton.
- INVISTA Starts New LYCRA HyFit™ fiber Production Line
The new production line in Shanghai, China, will help serve the growing global demand for hygiene products. Two projects are planned at its Paulina, Brazil, facility to add capacity and introduce regional production of T837 LYCRA HyFit™ fiber by October 2013.
- Koch Companies Jobs and Economic Impact Study
Koch companies in the U.S. supported a total of nearly 200,000 jobs and $11 billion in compensation and benefits.
- Flint Hills Resources to Implement More Stringent Energy Efficiency and Emission Standards as Part of Major Refinery Improvement Projects
Flint Hills Resources will apply rigorous energy efficiency and emission standards to a series of proposed projects at its Pine Bend refinery as part of an agreement with key environmental organizations. The company will also donate $1 million to expand Project Green Fleet, a clean air program it helped found in 2005.
- Flint Hills Resources Renewables Supports Almost 1000 Jobs in Iowa and Nebraska
A recent study shows the economic impact of Flint Hills Resources in Iowa and Nebraska.
- Georgia-Pacific Celebrates Opening of OSB facility
The addition of the oriented strand board facility in Clarendon County, S.C., has created 130 local jobs.
- Flint Hills Resources Donates to Protect Wildlife Habitat
The $75,000 donation to Ducks Unlimited is the latest commitment in a 28-year partnership with the organization.
- David Koch Donates to NewYork-Presbyterian
The $100 million donation will help construct a 450,000-square-foot outpatient facility.
Related news article: The Wall Street Journal: Moving Forward at City Hospital
- Flint Hills Resources and Koch Pipeline Company Support More Than 12,000 Jobs in the Coastal Bend
A recent study shows the economic impact of Flint Hills Resources and Koch Pipeline Company in the Coastal Bend region of Texas.
- Subsidiary of Koch Industries Makes Equity Investment In American Greetings Corporation
Koch AG Investment, LLC has made a preferred equity investment in American Greetings Corporation, committing $240 million in equity capital to support the Weiss family purchase of the company.
American Greetings news release: American Greetings Announces Definitive Acquisition Agreement
Related news articles: Wichita Eagle: Koch subsidiary aids deal to take American Greetings private
Cleveland Plain Dealer: American Greetings' Weiss family aims to take the company private again
- INVISTA Acquires Flame Resistant Apparel Company
The acquisition of Ashburn Hill Corp. includes the TECGEN® brands and a manufacturing operation in Texas.
- The Matador Cattle Company Supports More Than 135 Jobs In Local Communities
The Matador Cattle Company's 41 full and part-time employees in Kansas, Montana and Texas indirectly result in an estimated 135 additional jobs according to a recent study.
- INVISTA Celebrates Over a Decade of Preserving Water in Paulinia
In recognition of World Water Day on March 22, INVISTA presented the results from its sustainability-focused Planet Agenda program.
- GP Plans $400 Million In Investments
Potential investments in its plywood and lumber operations include facility expansions and equipment upgrades.
- Study Shows Economic Impact of Koch Companies in U.S.
Koch companies support nearly 200,000 U.S. jobs and about $11 billion in compensation and benefits, according to a recent study.
- Koch Supply & Trading Adds Corporate Development Director
Based in London, Roy will further develop a Europe-wide natural gas trading business from Geneva, and an LNG trading business from offices in Houston, London and Singapore for KS&T companies.
- INVISTA’s New Polyamide Salt Facility In The Netherlands Starts Production
The expanded site will serve INVISTA's European fiber and plastic customers through its integrated supply chain.
- Koch Pipeline Company Employees Set Safety Record
Focusing on incident prevention has resulted in 8 million work hours without a lost-time incident, a company record.
- The John Zink Institute Announces ACCET Accreditation
Operated by John Zink Company, the institute offers practical courses on process and boiler burners, process and biogas flares, and vapor control technologies.
- INVISTA Joins the Sustainable Apparel Coalition
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition is an industry-wide group working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of apparel and footwear products around the world.
- Koch Fertilizer Products To Invest In Rouen
Koch Fertilizer Products SAS is adding storage and handling capability in the port of Rouen, France.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Breaks Ground for New Plaza
The new David H. Koch Plaza will open to the public in fall 2014.
- INVISTA gains EIA approval for HMD plant in Shanghai
Approval marks a significant milestone for INVISTA’s planned investments to create an integrated nylon 6,6 intermediates and polymer asset in the region.
- Koch Membrane Systems Products Used in Award-winning Project
Aquapolo's water reuse project, using PURON® modules & MegaMagnum® membranes, won the Brazilian National Water Agency Award.
Find out more about Aquapolo, the largest water reuse project in the Southern Hemisphere, in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McIFiJVIIPc