- Mark Holden Discusses Criminal Justice Reform On NPR
In the interview, Holden said “we as a people – citizens and our leaders – need to have the humility, the intellectual honesty, and the courage to look at what we’re doing and change course.”
- Mark Holden Profiled in Yahoo News
Koch General Counsel Mark Holden discusses his loyalty to the Koch family and the importance of criminal justice reform with Yahoo.
- Criminal Justice Reform Discussed On Anderson Cooper 360
Koch Senior Vice President and General Counsel Mark Holden appeared on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 to discuss criminal justice reform. During the interview, Holden said, “People who have served their time – people who are nonviolent offenders – why not let them come back and have restoration of rights? The ability to get a job, housing, be with their families, have a productive life?”
- New Koch scholarships awarded by WSU's Honors College
Wichita State News
Ten students will be awarded $30,000 each over the course of four years, in addition to general merit scholarships they have earned.
Related News: Koch Foundation pledge bears its first fruit
- Flint Hills Resources Donates To Red Cross in Corpus Christi, TX
Flint Hills Resources donated $17,500 to the local chapter of the Red Cross. The gift will help feed and house, and also provide trainers for volunteers.
- Georgia-Pacific Donates Funds To Honor Flight
Supporters from the Georgia-Pacific Cellulose plant in Brunswick, Georgia have played an active role in the Coastal Georgia Honor Flight fundraising campaign to help veterans travel to the World War II memorial in Washington D.C.
- Students To Be Recognized For Completing GP-Sponsored STEM Program
Palatka Daily News
Approximately 100 high school students in Palatka, Florida were not only introduced to careers in STEM, they were also presented with real-life situations where STEM problem-solving was needed.
- INVISTA Hosts The “Run Your Bass Off 5k” In Orange, Texas
All proceeds from the event will be used to fund cancer research.
- GP To Invest Almost $15 Million At Mill in Muskogee, Oklahoma
Georgia-Pacific’s Muskogee mill is investing in a new bath tissue machine that is scheduled for startup by mid-2015.
- INVISTA’s STAINMASTER® Innovates
Atlanta Business Chronicle
Innovation by STAINMASTER® offers something new for pet owners.
- Charles Koch Talks Criminal Justice Reform
“If there is wrong, you don’t say we have to get rid of it gradually," said Koch. "If injustice exists, you need to eliminate it immediately.”
- February 2015 Discovery Newsletter
The February edition features Koch's largest project investment, a review of 2014, and an editorial by Charles Koch.
- Georgia-Pacific Receives Community Spirit Award From United Way
Georgia-Pacific was recognized by the United Way of Linn County in Albany, Oregon for overall participation in community activities.
- Koch's View on Criminal Justice Reform
"Everything we do is designed to help people improve their lives, whether you're talking about our business or our philanthropy," said Mark Holden, senior vice president and general counsel for Koch Industries.
- Koch's Lobbying Campaign to Eliminate an Obscure Government Agency
The Export-Import Bank, an independent government agency that guarantees loans and provides financing to companies doing business overseas and foreign businesses buying American products, has recently become a target for conservatives and libertarians who decry big-government crony capitalism.
- Koch Provides Millions In Scholarship Money For Wichita State University
Millions of dollars in new scholarship money from Koch Industries will allow Wichita State University to offer stronger scholarships.
- Koch Industries Continues Growth
Wichita Business Journal
Global employment numbers for Koch companies were up 4.8 percent over last year.
- Georgia-Pacific Top Contributor To Lake Area United Way
Nine businesses were recognized this year for their workplace campaigns, including top contributor Georgia-Pacific.
- How Invista found a fit for its first Kansas manufacturing operation
Wichita Business Journal
Steve Easley, business manager for the Raptor product, says McPherson’s existing plastics industry was one of the main draws for INVISTA.
- Koch-Glitsch: Made in Wichita
Wichita Business Journal
Koch-Glitsch holds more than 60 trademarks for its products, which includes mass transfer equipment and mist elimination equipment.
- New Book from Charles Koch Coming this October
The book will include many personal anecdotes and offer dozens of new examples of MBM® in action.
- Jim Hannan of Georgia-Pacific Selected as TAPPI/PIMA Executive of the Year
This the highest honor bestowed by PIMA, presented to senior-level executives in the pulp, paper, tissue or converting industries for excellence in management and outstanding contributions to the industry as a whole.
- FHR Sponsors “Science Matters” Event in Pillager, Minnesota
Brainerd Daily Dispatch
Nearly 100 students from Pillager Elementary will attend an overnight camp-in among the science museum’s world-class exhibitions and interactive workshops in April.
- STAINMASTER® Finds Success Through Expanded Portfolio
Floor Covering Weekly
There has been a 50 percent overall increase in the past year in the number of STAINMASTER® branded launches.
- Charles Koch Announced For 2015 Wichita Sports Hall Of Fame
The article notes that “Charles Koch and his family have been instrumental in the development of Wichita State Shockers and their athletic program.”
- Koch to Support National Coalition for Criminal Justice Reform
New York Times
The Coalition for Public Safety will be the largest national effort focused on the prison and justice system.
- INVISTA Donates $50,000 to Technology Complex in Victoria, Texas
The company was recognized for donating $50,000 since 2013 to Victoria College Emerging Technology Complex.
- Girls In Science Festival Held At The Science Center Of Iowa
WOI-DT Des Moines (IA)
Flint Hills Resources sponsors the 4th annual Girls in Science Festival, which exposes youth to the fields of science and engineering.
- Georgia-Pacific’s Brewton Project Named A State “Economic Coup”
Georgia-Pacific's Brewton, Alabama facility is named one of the state's top 18 economic coups of 2014. The company is investing $375 million in the plant.
- Newsmakers: Koch Industries kept 'driving for the future' in 2014
Wichita Business Journal
The Wichita Business Journal reports on the growth of Koch Industries in 2014.
- Flint Hills Announces $43 Million Expansion At Rosemount, Minnesota Refinery
Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal
As Flint Hills Resources nears completion of a $30 million contractor building at its 60-year-old Pine Bend refinery, the company announced it will also build a $13 million expansion of its laboratory.
- Flint Hills Resources Supports Lego Robotics Club At Rosemount, Minnesota, Elementary School
Rosemount Town Pages
With the support of Flint Hills Resources, the Lego robotics club at Rosemount Elementary School has been expanded to an ongoing after-school program.
- INVISTA Participates In Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics Career and College Expo
Almost 1,200 eighth-grade students from various area private and public schools heard speakers from INVISTA talk about career opportunities in process technology, instrumentation and electrical, engineering, health and medical, information technology and welding.
- Waco and Elm Mott, Texas, Fire Departments Receive Helping Heroes Donations
Koch Pipeline Co. and Flint Hills Resources presented checks totaling $11,500 to the city of Waco Fire Department and the Elm Mott Volunteer Fire and Rescue as part of its Helping Heroes program.
- Flint Hills Resources Sponsors Science Center Of Iowa Trip To Clarksville Schools
Waterloo and Cedar Falls (IA) Courier
While at the school, personnel from the Science Center of Iowa and Flint Hills Resources presented interactive science experiments to students to help educate them on various scientific and engineering concepts.
- Georgia-Pacific’s Wauna Mill Donates Land To Clatsop County’s Parks Department
Georgia-Pacific's Wauna Mill in Clatskanie, Oregon, recently completed a 27-acre land donation to Clatsop County’s parks department, valued at $230,000.
Related news: Georgia-Pacific Wauna Mill’s Gift Praised.
- The Overcriminalization of America
Charles Koch and Mark Holden discuss the U.S. justice system in this Politico op-ed.