No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1) Sponsor: Koch Industries, Inc. 4111 E 37th ST N, Wichita, KS 67220 (“Sponsor”).
2) Eligibility: The Koch Good Profit Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and have a LinkedIn and/or Instagram account as of September 13, 2021. Employees of Koch Industries, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3) Promotion Period: The sweepstakes begins on Monday, September 13, 2021 at 12:00:00 am ET and ends on Monday, September 20, 2021, at 11:59:59 pm ET (hereafter, “Promotion Period”).
4) To Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, potential Entrants (as hereinafter defined) may use one of the following two (2) methods of entry:
(i) Follow Sponsor on LinkedIn and tag one friend in the comments with the hashtag “#KochGoodProfitSweepstakesEntry.”
ii) Follow Sponsor on Instagram and tag one friend in the comments with the hashtag “#KochGoodProfitSweepstakesEntry.”
Limit one (1) entry per person per platform. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on September 20, 2021 to be eligible. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the entry process will be void. All decisions by the Sponsor are final.
Sponsor and its employees or agents (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled, damaged or inaccurate, emails or entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or network, typographical, printing, electronic, computer, mechanical or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, Entry processing, the announcement of the prizes, the processing of Entries, any other Sweepstakes-related materials, any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to/resulting from Sweepstakes participation; any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or any inability of the winners to accept a prize. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the Entrant and repetitive, automated electronic submission of Sweepstakes entries is specifically disallowed. Use of automated entry software or programs is prohibited and entry through any such means is void. Sponsor, its employees and agents” are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or who are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Sweepstakes entries will be void.
5) Winner Selection: Five (5) potential Prizewinners will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about September 21, 2021. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6) Winner Notification: Potential Prizewinners will be notified on or about September 21, 2021 by email or Direct Message via the social media platform through which they entered the Sweepstakes and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively the “Affidavit”) within the time frame or by the date specified by Sponsor or an alternate winner may be selected.
If a potential Prizewinner cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period or Sponsor’s sending of the required documents are returned as undeliverable; if a potential Prizewinner decides to decline his/her Prize for any reason whatsoever; or if a potential Prizewinner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her Prize and the Prize may be awarded by random drawing to an alternate Prizewinner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once the requested response is received within the specified time period, verified, and Sponsor receives final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a potential Winner become an actual Winner. Limit one (1) prize to a single winner.
7) Prizes: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) copy of the book “Good Profit” signed by the author with an approximate retail value of Eighteen Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents (US$18.25). The total retail value of all prizes combined is Ninety-One Dollars and Twenty-Five Cents (US$91.25). All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to all federal, state and local taxes, are each winner’s sole responsibility. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. No transfer or substitution for prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor for any reason and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal or greater value will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
8) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees to use entrant’s name and state of residence in a winners’ list without further payment or consideration, permission or notification.
10) Miscellaneous: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree, for themselves and for their heirs, executors and administrator(s), to release, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram and LinkedIn and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries and each of their respective agencies, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, liability, damage, injury including death, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. If a dispute results as to the identity of an entrant, it will be determined that the entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website may be a violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes Website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winners from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Kansas, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Kansas. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain and hereby waives all rights to claim awards for punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than such actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11) Winners List: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with The Good Profit Sweepstakes as the subject line. Requests must be received by November 1, 2021. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the permission of Sponsor.
© 2021 Koch Industries, Inc. All rights reserved. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn, Instagram or their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates.