No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1) Sponsor: Koch Industries, 4111 E 37th ST N, Wichita, KS 67220 (“Sponsor”).
2) Eligibility: The Koch Super Drone Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those participants who are legal residents of the state of Kansas who are at least 18 years old and have a valid Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (each a “Platform”) account by February 3, 2019. Eligible participants will be referred to herein as “Entrants”. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations. Void outside of Kansas or wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of this Contest. Employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household Members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year whether or not related. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize you must fully comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor-designated judges, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
3) Promotion Period: The sweepstakes begins on Sunday, February 3, 2019 at 06:00:00pm CST and ends on Monday, February 4, 2019 at 05:00:00pm CST (hereafter, “Promotion Period”).
4) To Enter: During the Promotion Period, eligible entrants should share a short statement of how she or he would use a drone to transform lives using the hashtag #KochDroneSweepstakes on their personal Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account. The content of your post will have no bearing on your entry and will not increase your chances of winning, except that an Entry will be deemed void and disqualified if the guidelines set out here in these Official Rules are not followed. Entries submitted to any Platform will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Platform at the time of Entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to subvert the entry process will be void. All decisions by the Sponsor are final.
The following guidelines must be followed for each Entry:
(A) You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry);
(B) The Entry cannot (i) contain content that is sexually explicit or suggestive; (ii) be unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, (iii) contain profanities, be pornographic in nature or contain references to nudity; or (iv) make reference to or encourage any dangerous or illegal activity, or (v) contain any inappropriate content;
(C) The Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or drug use; make references to gambling, tobacco use, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or discuss any particular religious or political agenda or message;
(D) The Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
(E) The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, Sweepstakes Entities or their products or other people, products or companies;
(F) The Entry cannot include the names of any celebrities (including, without limitation famous athletes or sports teams, musicians, artists or other popular characters);
(G) The Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos, copyrighted works or any intellectual property owned by others, except as owned by Entrant or as authorized by Sponsor for use by Entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. The Entry cannot (at the sole discretion of Sponsor) advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than the Sponsor’s, including, but not limited to, any of Sponsor’s competitors, any of Sweepstakes Entities’ competitors, or contain any forms of personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses. The Entry cannot (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) include claims which infer superiority or other comparison to a product of a competitor;
(H) The Entry cannot contain materials embodying the name or other indicia identifying any other person, living or dead, unless you have express permission from that person to use their name or other indicia in connection with the Sweepstakes;
(I) The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
(J) The Entry cannot violate any law or otherwise be inappropriate; all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each Entrant warrants to the Sweepstakes Entities that his or her Entry does not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property, moral rights, privacy or publicity rights.
Sponsor and its employees or agents (the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, undelivered, delayed, garbled, damaged or inaccurate, emails or entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, or network, typographical, printing, electronic, computer, mechanical or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, Entry processing, the announcement of the prizes, the processing of Entries, or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), cable, satellite or other connections; (iii) Internet traffic congestion or any technical problem, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to/resulting from Sweepstakes participation; (iv) typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related ads/materials; (v) human-processing error; (vi) electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures; (vii) inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise; (viii) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or (ix) any inability of the winners to accept a prize. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or whose conduct potentially compromised the Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Administrator will be disqualified and all associated Sweepstakes entries will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the Entrant and repetitive, automated electronic submission of Sweepstakes entries is specifically disallowed. Use of automated entry software or programs is prohibited and entry through any such means is void. Sponsor, its employees and agents” are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void.
5) Winner Selection: One (1) potential Prizewinner will be selected by the Sponsor-designated judges from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about February 5, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6) Winner Notification: Potential Prizewinner will be notified on or about February 6, 2019 by direct message response to their Entry on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with instructions to contact Sponsor, and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively the “Affidavit”) within the time frame or by the date specified by Sponsor or an alternate winner may be selected.
If a potential Prizewinner cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period or Sponsor’s sending of the required documents are returned as undeliverable; if a potential Prizewinner decides to decline his/her Prize for any reason whatsoever; or if a potential Prizewinner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her Prize and the Prize may be awarded by random drawing to an alternate Prizewinner from among all remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotional Period, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once the requested response is received within the specified time period, verified, and Sponsor receives final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a potential Winner become an actual Winner. Limit one (1) prize to a single winner.
7) Prizes: One (1) Grandprize Winner will receive one (1) DJI - Mavic 2 Zoom Quadcopter with Remote Controller with an approximate retail value of One Thousand, Two Hundred Dollars (US$1,200.00) All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, are each winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will notify the Internal Revenue Service of award of Prize to Winner via IRS 1099 Tax Forms. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the Winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of prize or any prize component permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent).
8) Miscellaneous: Entrants agree, by entering, that 1) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, city and state of residence, Photo(s) and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2) the Sponsor, its employees, and agents and Facebook shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in this Sweepstakes or the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Sweepstakes (or portion thereof) for any reason, including if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s), prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9) Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), but in any event in an amount not greater than the average retail value of the prize, and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10) Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Kansas, USA.
These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the permission of Sponsor.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
© 2019 Koch Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.